Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Taking Risks

There's a risk to whatever you do, you have to realize that NO matter WHAT there is always a chance of something happening... Being in class writing this there is a chance of someone breaking in and killing me and everyone else in this room.  Walking across the road there is a chance of someone running straight into you and killing you on impact, people don't realize what a risk they are taking just to take a walk or go to school... I mean really fear can be scary but eventually you overcome it.  I was TERRIFIED of heights but then I realized what I could be missing out on so I started getting over it and I've made so many memories from it.  I rode every single roller coaster in Silver Dollar City, other than the Outlaw ride because it was the grand opening and it broke down with people on it...To me from my views I'm not absolutely terrified to do things that are insane... Your looking at the kid who found a huge pile of dirt at a old trailer park took her best friend to it and then they found a wet floor sign, and started sledding down mud on a wet floor sign...  We were going to make this EPIC sled out of a broken lawn mower, some other stuff I forgot exactly what and when we made it I was going to be the test dummy... Then the next day there were workers out there so then everything was canceled because all of our stuff was taken away... I've experienced a lot of things and it's just made me stronger through out the years, I've had near death experiences a lot... At my little sisters birthday party my other little sister wanted to go out to the booee so I told her okay because she had a life jacket on, I made sure that she knew it would make her float above water and I even showed her, I asked her if she was comfortable and she replied with a yes...She then held onto me and as I reached where I couldn't touch and I was swimming with her holding onto my neck she started screaming and freaking out, she then got on top of my shoulders and I went under the water... She was on top of me screaming for help and when my feet would touch the bottom of the surface I tried to jump up out of the water to get a breath, I was able to and when I went up I looked and seen everyone staring at me and just watching... NOBODY was helping me....They were all just staring at me and I started thinking after that day... Nobody was helping me and all they did was just watch carelessly as I was drowning... Finally when I was about to pass out someone pulled her off of me, I knew I was about to go because I lost all feeling in my body and everything was literally starting to go dark I exhaled with the last bit of air I had and then I felt my body go back up to the surface, when my face was out of the water I was gasping and coughing still trying to get air back in my lungs, after I was out of the water everybody started showing concern... It honestly made me feel like crap that I wasn't worth saving.  I've witnessed a lot of near death experiences but I feel that was the worst one... I've been in about four lock downs because of someone having a gun or threatening to shoot up the school.  I've looked death in the eye and now I'm not scared the way I see it is if I die, it was for a reason.  I don't allow things to get in my way anymore and I think the lake was a huge part of that, I realized that when it comes down to it you are on your own there is no way out.  If you can't fend for yourself in this world and your on your own unless you have gobs of money to get maids you are screwed.  Nobody wants to really help anyone anymore unless they get something out of it.  There are few left in this world that will help you.  You have to take a risk in order to feel accomplished, I'm not terrified of taking chances, I won't go on a 40 ft tall cliff and jump onto a bunch of rocks however, sorry to burst your bubble (Haha) but my whole point is that you have to take at least some risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment